My professional experience spans business, management and technology consultancy. I worked for Arthur D. Little in Europe and Booz Allen & Hamilton in Europe and the USA. I was an early member of the San Francisco Consulting Group that established a US East Coast office when we were acquired by KPMG.
In 2000 I opened up and managed the East Coast office for the UK head-quartered Analysys Consulting. I was subsequently recruited to run the Consulting Group at Pyramid Research where I focused on emerging market telecommunications and media projects.
Some of the companies I have worked with are: Accenture, Alcatel, BBC, Batelco, GSM Association, Huawei, Intelsat, Inter-American Development Bank, InterDigital, Microsoft, Motorola, Naspers, Nokia, Orange, Qualcomm, Telefonica, US Ex-Im Bank, Vodafone Group and the World Bank/IFC.
Since 2008, my work has focused on the connected devices market and I have completed several consultancy projects on early stage markets such as:
- mHealth - new service concepts and business model prototyping home automation - road map for new service innovation in the home environment and the potential for convergence across energy, entertainment and security applications.
- mEducation - assessment of emerging business models based on a survey of education service, education technology and mobile operator service providers.
- smart utilities - assessment of market opportunities.
Within the the mobile network operator (MNO) segment, I contributed to IoT strategy and implementation projects for three different MNOs with multi-country footprints.
Product and service innovation calls for new and cross-disciplinary approaches to design and business operations. I routinely work with teams across different markets, organizational 'silos' and business cultures.
In addition to my consultancy project work, my professional development builds on the following:
- MBA (INSEAD, France)
- PhD in Self-Learning Control Systems (University of Bath, UK)
- BSc in Engineering with French (University of Bath, UK).
I frequently present at industry events and some of my published project work is accessible in the public domain. I can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/in/kenfigueredo
Twitter - @MoreWithMobile